It is such a joy listening to my children create such incredible music in our home, I hope it is a skill they will enjoy and practice all their lives.
Saturday, April 29, 2017
Piano Recital 2017
Today was the big event! Everyone put on their very best, my crew and I clean up quite well. I love that Miss Kathy makes their recital a formal occasion in dress and location; it really makes the event extra special. The children performed beautifully; especially considering the long day we had up to the concert and the illness that had rampaged our house that week.
Titus started us off performing "For the Beauty of the Earth" and "Oh Worship the King" by Haydn.
Next up was
Amber, this was her first recital. She played the "Itsy, Bisty Spider" fearlessly introducing herself and song at the microphone.
Jared then presented "Waltz of the Flowers" by Tchaikovsky and "The Wedding March" by Mendelssohn; brought back found memories.
He followed that with a duet with Lance "A Pirate's Life for Me". They got lost for a moment at the beginning but the fact that they got back together is amazing to their teacher and the other professionals. Apparently, when duets loose each other they seldom recover much less so quickly.
Lance finished out the Otto Quartet with "Minuet in G" by Beethoven.
It is such a joy listening to my children create such incredible music in our home, I hope it is a skill they will enjoy and practice all their lives.
It is such a joy listening to my children create such incredible music in our home, I hope it is a skill they will enjoy and practice all their lives.
Labels:
FAMILY
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment