I put Titus in "Mommy & Me" swim lessons M-W-F of this week and next. The lessons are at a friends house about 45 min away. My older two boys spend the time playing with the older siblings of the kids in Titus' class. Lessons are going great and all boys are having fun. Lessons are at 10am, so that means we leave around 9:15am and get home around 11:45am, which takes a good chunk out of our day. I didn't take into account the total time this would take out of our day when I signed up.
In addition to the total time away from home, apparently playing with Legos and watching their little brother swim has my older boys too wiped out to be productive in their school work. Add a doctors appointment for me and Amber on Tuesday, and you have what could have been one unproductive week.
I could have tried to force productivity on the boys (like that would have worked) but instead I decided to make lemonade. Not literally but figuratively. We have had a Spanish intensive week, i.e. they've watched their Spanish Lessons videos much more than normal and we've managed only two days of Math. The rest of the time I've had the boys help with chores or play. I on the other hand, have been in a get things sorted/organized rampage, along with a "to do" slashing marathon! As I type you can currently see all my kitchen counters for the first time in seven years, and not because I hid things. You can see the floor in my bedroom. There are NO laundry baskets full of laundry to be put away anywhere (Generally we live out of the laundry baskets because things never seem to get put away). I cleaned out my email, paid bills, filed papers, etc. I almost feel caught up on life (as long as I ignore what's left on my "To-do" list). However, based on the noise the boys are making downstairs, I'm sure things are already out of order, but for a moment I had a quick glimpse of organizational Nirvana :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment