Friday, September 7, 2012

Times are Changing - In a good way!

The last few days have been a whirl wind. We are not sure how it got to be Friday; it's been rather a blur.  I have an hour to eat lunch before we need to get back to the hospital so I'll do a quick update.

Things are going INCREDIBLY well!

Look at this picture from yesterday, shortly after they took him off the paralitic.
My beautiful boy actually smiled for the picture!  He is so courageous and has such an awesome attitude!

When we met with Dr. Del Nido after surgery he expected Jared to be in ICU AT LEAST a week, but the timing would be up to Jared.  

Well, Jared has told us he wants to come home, and is acting accordingly  Did you notice I used the words "told us"!  He was extubated at about 2:30am this morning.  Chris spent the night in the hospital to make sure he was there when they removed the tube.  Since then things have been moving fast and furious.

Today, the attending doctor said he was doing "fabulous", much better than anyone expected.  As of right now, he has all but one IV out; is sitting up in a chair and watching a Curious George DVD.  Depending on how much blood drains out while he's sitting up, even his chest tubes may be removed today.  The chest tubes are causing him the most discomfort so that would be a welcome change. 
If he continues to do well, he will be moved off the ICU floor tonight.

Thank you for your continuing prayers, they are doing miracles!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful news!! Continuing to think of you all, especially Jared - he is such a brave, strong boy!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! He looks incredible! Wow!

    I am so thankful! And if I had only known that the words in my heart a few days back were going to be a prophecy. "He IS a walking miracle." The words came to me when you were in the moment of despair. Incredible!

    Continuing to pray! I know he has recovery ahead and everything! But I am truly overflowing with joy for you!

    ReplyDelete